Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mr. Kopell

The information that I read about pertaining to Ted Koppel, had to do with California prison. This was the information under the link named Discovery Channel, and the article was called “Breaking Point”. Upon watching the video I did read the article “The Breaking Point,” which I suppose was kind of like a written out version of the video. In the article I was surprised to find out just how much the prison are overflowing and what they are willing to do in order to solve the problem. According to the article they are willing to just release inmates, which is fairly unnerving. The video that I watched (I’m actually not sure if it was the right one) didn’t go into as much depth about the issues as I was expecting though I did get to Ted Koppel in action for the first time. Even still I felt as though the article did a better job o0f explaining what Mr. Koppel was doing there at the California prison and what he found out. It was interesting to also see the inside of the prison, but the conditions that they live in and what everyone has to go through to keep the prison going doesn’t seem worth it. Though I am unsure what they can do and have no different ideas from what they are already doing. It’s all very concerning and I know that California’s prison isn’t the only place having these problems, but still I have no idea how to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment