Monday, February 22, 2010

Interesting on Different Levels

So the title of this blog is interesting on different levels, and the reason being because of my one on one visit with Ms. Neubauer on Tuesday because I was unable to make it to class the preceding Monday. On Tuesday she helped me go through my Project 2 “rough draft” and she gave me some good on ideas on how to better improve and build from what I had. Though I have already started my revision for my paper I feel as though I’m not grasping the concept of visual analysis, she helped me organize the ideas. Ms. Neubauer asked questions and through the questions I began to see the many different avenues I could write about. This session with her caused me to look at my memories in a different way, and seeing things from a different perspective than my child’s perception of what was going on. When trying to incorporate the ideas that Ms. Neubauer and I came up with, I discovered that my writing style tends to lean towards story telling. So just taking a picture and then completely analyzing it was fairly difficult, because I found myself wanting to write a story rather than what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment