Monday, February 15, 2010
Conference for Project 1
This week in class we had one day of regular class and the rest of the week was reserved for individual conferences. During the individual conference we were going to be going over our Project 1 paper after it had been revised for the instructor. My paper was on the how my interethnic family and I fit into our community as well as how being an interethnic person is on campus. My conference was scheduled for Friday. Once at the conference, Ms.Neubauer and I went over my paper, basically I was confused as to what she meant when she had said my paper sort of reminded her of the short story “Mother Tongue.” Before I had talked to her I had been struggling to see the correlation between the two, but Ms. Neubauer cleared up my confusion. Overall I felt my conference was very productive, she helped me get a better idea for project 2. She also talked about a creative writing activity which I found to be very interesting; the writing assignment entailed walking into a room then writing about everything that we see but in depth. Personally I like activities like that, it seems the more I write the more I begin to see that I really enjoy it and that I always have. I don’t really want to change my major but I wonder how I can incorporate my desire to write (whether just plain writing or writing poetry) and something I want to do for the rest of my life. That is if I could even get good enough to really write professionally, who knows, only time will tell as the old saying goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment