Friday, November 13, 2009

Responding to the Prompt

I thought Miss Pamela Gardner deserves a five for her paper. I thought it was really well written and did a good job of portraying the many reasons why one should or might want to travel. I found her paper to be particularly interesting because I understand where she is coming from, when she illustrated her desire to travel. Her thesis I found to be worded beautifully in the sense that it completely embodies why one should travel and what they have to gain. Among other things I really like her personal picture inserted into the paper, it gave a personal touch without swaying from the actual topic of the paper. I would also give this paper a five because the way in which she organized this paper, I thought was for the most part the most effective way to convey her point. I say this because she started off introducing how her traveling experience came about then she added in some of her preconceived notions, then explained that even if there were poor parts/ poor people that there were still things to be gained and new culture to observe. However though on the fourth page the third paragraph started talking about history of the Landless, even information on the background of a place is nice to know, I fail to see the real relevance it has to her main topic of traveling.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised you enjoyed her story, considering your interest in travel. I agree that her organization was effective and the photos very helpful.

    ReplyDelete