Sunday, November 22, 2009
Project Week
This week in class we were supposed to pick a project we wanted to revise as we slowly put together our portfolio. So far we have written four project papers, two papers were a piggy back off of each other the others had two completely different topics. Our papers so far have been about an activity we chose that we could never see ourselves doing and why we could never see ourselves doing that, then the next paper was over how actually experiencing the activity went. Those were the piggy back papers, then we were assigned to write a paper pertaining to the profession we wish to go into. Then our last paper we were asked to write about was our perception on community, which is actually a continuance of our mid-semester writing prompt/ paper. The paper I chose to revise first was the forth paper about community. I felt that out of all the papers I did the most poorly on this one, because I feel I failed to properly convey ethos, logos and pathos. Though I felt my first draft had emotional appeal, I failed to be able to portray it in a way that others could see it too. I also failed to choose a specific audience but rather just starting spewing my knowledge of the topic, without a dined purpose. Even after I revised the paper I still feel as though I failed to do these things, however I did work on them the best I could. Wednesday we were instructed to make our work cited page first, and by Friday (although I wasn’t present) I was told that another project was to be chosen to be revised and that class on Fruesday wasn’t taking place. I’m not particularly sure which project to revise at this point which is unfortunate seeing as it is the night before it due, however I think it’s between project 2 and 3.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the term "piggyback" and how you have noticed connections between the different projects. This reflection might be especially helpful to you when it comes time to write the final reflection paper during our last week of classes.
ReplyDelete