Friday, October 9, 2009
Interesting to Say the Least
For this week we had a paper due about our observations of an activity that we thought we could never see ourselves participating in. I choose Belly dancing, which has been a long time desire for me to learn. On Thursday we had our second class and I was thrilled because I was actually able to most of the choreography and with speed. Every time I go to that class I’m in aw of the things I never thought I could and yet there I was participating and actually having fun in the process. To say the least, I’m having a ton of fun pursing one of my dreams and I find it interesting the way my life seems to be coming together in a fashion that helps me learn more about me, my body and the person I am becoming. It is all exciting and sometimes scary. On another note in class on Monday we went to the library to learn about new and different ways to research by utilizing the library for all of its new resources as well as old. The person who was in charge of teaching us taught us how to use card cat and also how to narrow down searches to make it easier to find what we want in terms of research. All in all it was very interesting though, I don’t know if I’ll actually be using the library still (even with my new way to use it), but it’s nice to know and I look forward to my next belly dancing class and the hopes to perform soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice tie-in to both activities!
ReplyDelete