Friday, September 11, 2009
Possibly the right prompt: My view on the difference between High school and College
I think one of the biggest differences between high school and college is the freedoms that are now allotted to us as students. Before when it came to school we had to be in class and at school everyday all day, unless excused or stated otherwise or we would get in trouble with our teachers and/or our parents. Now that I’m in college I see that if I so choose not to go to class I don’t have to, it doesn’t mean I won’t however it just means the option is there and that’s a new freedom that was never given in high school. Also If I was to so choose not to go to class I would immediately get in trouble with my parents or a teacher, at college its kind of an every man for himself thing, so to speak or in my case every woman for herself. Even still this is just one of the many differences between college and high school, another being lifestyle. The way my lifestyle has changed since I have entered high school is that I no longer go home (to my dorm I mean) and have to answer to anyone, and If I elect I can be with my friends the majority of the days, that and my roommate is one of my best friends, so its always fun to chill together in our dorm. College is mainly about learning to fend for yourself as you get an education to go on to the next stage of life, and high school was…torture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

All good points and ones I experience too. What is your impression so far about expectations for composing in college versus in high school?
ReplyDelete